Microwave – How to use it safely!
Microwave – How to use it safely!

Regardless of our preferred method of cooking, a microwave oven has become a necessity in every home nowadays.From cooking food to just warming it up and defrosting it, microwave oven does it all at just the push of a button.

We at Swift Homes have a wide range of microwave ovens from the top brands,that are not only convenient to use but are energy efficient as well.

Although microwave ovens are convenient and efficient appliances, it’s important to use them safely to avoid accidents or injury. Here are some tips for using a microwave safely:

Since microwave ovens are regularly used, the simplest way to keep your microwave running for longer is to clean it once a week. It can easily be done using some warm water, liquid soap, a sponge and cleaning the microwave from the inside and outside.

Since the body of the microwave warms up while it’s in use, it’s important to leave at least 3 inches between the microwave and the wall and on all sides. Leave enough room around the microwave to prevent heat damage to the device because the side vents discharge heat. 

We should always use microwave-safe containers only as they are specifically designed for use in the microwave. These are typically made of glass, ceramic or plastic that is marked as microwave-safe.It is advisable to avoid using items or containers made of metal as they can cause sparks which can damage the microwave or even cause a fire.

It is recommended not to microwave food in a sealed container. When food is microwaved in a sealed container, steam can build up and cause the container to explode.Therefore in order to avoid such kinds of mishaps one must refrain from sealing the container while putting it inside the microwave.

Also the food must not be microwaved unnecessarily for too long as the overheated food can start a fire in the microwave. 

It is important to stay nearby and monitor the microwave while it is operating to ensure that it is functioning properly.Use caution when removing hot food or drinks from the microwave. The containers and the food or drink inside may be hot and can cause burns if handled improperly. Use oven mitts or tongs to carefully remove the container from the microwave.

By following these guidelines, you can help ensure that you use your microwave safely and avoid accidents or injuries.And besides the convenience of it all, cooking with a microwave regularly could also lower your monthly energy usage.

We are sure you have other questions regarding Microwave ovens. Feel free to call us on our toll-free number, or visit us. We have three home decor studios located in Nai-Basti Anantnag, along KP Road in Anantnag, and in the main town of Shopian of South Kashmir. We would love to host you!